Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SOME THOUGHTS ON ISLAM AND SHARIA - FOR US CHRISTIANS

I grew up as a Muslim. I joined the military at 13. At 17 years of age I saw war and bloodshed and became a combat veteran, and after that my dream was to become what we in my world called a "Freedom Fighter" (a.k.a a "Terrorist").

When I was 21, an Englishman shared about Jesus Christ with me on the street and I received Him as my Lord and Savior. When I look at the attitude of most Christians towards Muslims today, I thank God that Jesus loved me and He sent somebody out to where I was; Not to kill sinners like me, but to preach the Gospel to me.

That Englismman, a son of one of the wealthiest men in England, went out to the streets that day praying and pleading with God for "just one soul for Jesus". I was that one soul!

I was arrested for sharing my Faith in Christ on the streets and spent almost one year in prison. After my release I was threatened with execution if I did not go back into Islam. I finally escaped and after a long journey ended up in Sweden where I received political asylum. Almost 17 years ago my wife, children and I immigrated to the USA.

I preach the Gospel today and plant churches. Around a Million people come to Jesus every year through our crusades and over 1000 churches have been planted. All Glory to our Lord Jesus!

The bottom line is this, that because of the Overwhelming Abundance of Grace that I have received I cannot hate sinners. I cannot hate Muslims and I cannot hate Jews either. God has called us Christians to be Salt and Light in this world. When our minds get so blinded and darkened by Nationalism, Fear or Politics that it even overshadows our passion to reach the lost; When the Love of Jesus for sinners does not consume us, or that the Healing Delivering Power of the Holy Spirit does not flow through us, something is seriously wrong with us as a people.

When our fear or loathing of Islam and Sharia is greater than our desire to take the Gospel to those who are bound by that spirit, something has gone wrong with us!

Let us draw close to Jesus, and remember: "We cannot say that we are fully yielded to God until we begin to count the Eternal Destiny of sinners as being of greater importance than our own comfort in this life"

The Lord Bless us all and Ignite us with Holy Ghost Fire!

In Christ Jesus

Christopher Alam
www.pentecostalfire.com