Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Blessings in Uppsala, Sweden!

Gabriel and I arrived in Sweden just before noon yesterday. We had left Harare about 24 hours earlier and had flown to Johannesburg. From Johannesburg it was an 11 hour flight to Frankfurt. Then from Frankfurt the final leg to Stockholm.

My beautiful daughter Victoria had flown in from the US to be with us. It was great to see her smiling face greet me at the door when we finally arrived at my friend Joakim's house where we are staying!

7 hours later I was standing preaching in a packed-out Korskyrkan in Uppsala. We had rented the church for this meeting. I have many old friends in Uppsala who wanted me to come and minister to them. That is why I came to Sweden. Faithfulness to one's friends is a most important thing in life.

Leading the worship was Birgitta Svensson, a pastor's daughter and old friend whom I had not seen for over 20 years!

As I looked over the crowd, I saw many old friends who i had not seen for 15-20 years. One was an old lady who was like an "adoptive mother" for me when I was a young refugee in Sweden. I used to go over to her house to eat with her at least twice or thrice a week. I had not seen her for 28 years!

I preached the Word of God to them, basically encouraging them to continue serving Jesus. Three people came forward to be Saved. This may seem nothing compared to the huge harvest that we saw in Africa last week. But in Sweden, three people coming to Jesus is considered to be something big.

After that I called forward those who had calling of God upon their lives but had gotten discouraged or had given up. Many came forward, knelt at the altar and wept. I laid hands on them and prayed for them. Unfortunately, for some reason there are lots of hurting and discouraged people in Uppsala.

Then we prayed for the sick. Several people came for prayer and were healed. One young lady came and testified about something that the Lord had done for her when I was there the last time. She said that she had a brain tumor which the doctors had removed. After the surgery she had lost her ability to read, and had lost her memory. She testified, "After you prayed for me the Lord healed me. That evening I went home and found out that I could read. I stayed up and read 60 pages and then went to sleep. Now my memory has come back and I am totally healed. Praise God!"

Praise the Lord, for He is good and His mercy endures for ever!

Tomorrow we fly to Paris where i minister Fri-Sat-Sun at the Centre Chretien Paris for my friends Pastors Selvaraj and Dorotheé Rajiah. They have a large and vibrant church and it is always a joy to preach there and enjoy fellowship with them!

Be blessed in all things!

In Christ

Christopher Alam